Nursing Care for Meningitis Singapore
Meningitis is a condition characterized by an inflammation of the meninges. It is one of the most common infections among children, although adults are not safe either. If you are looking for nursing care for meningitis Singapore, you may want to consider calling us for our expert nursing services.
What You Need to Know About MeningitisMeningitis is a bacterial or viral infection caused by bacteria, such as influenza bacillus, meningococcus, tubercle baccilus, or pneumococcus, among others.
It is often triggered by an infection in another part of the body e.g. ear infection, or a direct wound in the skull fracture, skin or through surgical operations. Once the bacteria or virus implants itself, it immediately affects the cerebrospinal fluid and the sub arachnoid space. When the infection starts, you can expect inflammation, exudation, gathering of the white blood cells, and tissue damage. The brain then becomes covered with pus, blocking proper CSF flow.
The symptoms of meni ngitis vary by age. Among young kids, it may cause vomiting, a high fever, rapid breathing, agitation, drowsiness or floppiness, unusual cries, a tense and bulging spot on the head, seizures, hate bright lights, red rash, and a pale and blotchy skin.
In older kids and adults, symptoms include severe muscle pain, a fever, vomiting, a serious headache, sensitivity to light, pale and blotchy skin with a rash, irritability and confusion, drowsiness, and stiff neck. Assessment of these signs must be done properly for the patients to get the right treatment, so intense study of these symptoms and the organism causing them is necessary.
To form a diagnosis, patients have to undergo a blood culture, reduce blood glucose, and white blood count.
Nursing Care PlanIf you have a patient battling with meningitis, then you can hire our nurse to provide the right medical attention for the disease. We can even provide our services at home. You can expect our nurses to use the following plan to help manage the disease:
• Monitor the vital signs and neurologic status of the patients constantly.
• Perform a tracheotomy and provide patients with mechanical ventilation.
• Monitor blood pressure in case of incipient shock, which is usually followed by respiratory or cardiac failure.
• Make sure not to overhydrate the patient to prevent cerebral edema.
• Relieve the fever to prevent putting too much pressure on the brain and heart to produce oxygen.
• Protect the patient from the risk of injuring in case of seizure.
• Monitor the patient’s weight, urine volume, serum electrolytes, osmolality, and specific gravity.
• Stop complications brought about by immobility, such as pneumonia and pressure ulcers.
• Develop infection control measures within 24 hours of starting with antibiotic therapy.
• Educate the patient’s family about his condition and regulate patient visits.
How We Can HelpIf you’re worried about your health or that of a loved one after being diagnosed positive with meningitis, or you spot a sign of the disease, it might be the right time to search for nursing care for meningitis Singapore service. We can share our expert services with you. Log in to our website and let’s talk.
If you’re a nurse with a background in caring for meningit is p ati ents, contact us. View our website, send us an email, or even write a comment to let us know about your interests in potential employment around Singapore.
Contact NicoleConsultancy.com at 62215262 for Nursing Care for Meningitis in Singapore now!