Nursing Care for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Singapore
Chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD) is a disease of the lung. COPD is actually like a canopy that includes a set of lung maladies. To be more precise, chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive airway disease, and emphysema are the lung affections that fall under the canopy of COPD. The main change that sets off COPD in a patient is constricted airways in the lungs that block the normal air flow to subsequently produce breathing difficulties. It is a life long disease that requires suitable management plans to help the patient live a comfortable life. This is where appropriate nursing car e in the respiratory clinics, hospitals, and in the patient’s home as well plays an important role. Registered nurses with suitable education provide nursing care for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Singapore.
Nursing care for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in SingaporeThe respiratory units in the hospitals account for the delivery of clinical and nursing care to patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Singapore. It is the job of the pulmonary/ respiratory nurse to help COPD patients with their healthcare needs. Here’s a list of all the jobs related to COPD that a respiratory nurse is expected to perform.
• Administration of medications for patient to eat, like antibiotics, corticosteroids, and bronchodilators as per the instructions of the respiratory specialist and management plan.
• Help clear the patient’s airways with appropriate techniques.
• Correct administration of oxygen therapy.
• Issue Lab form, use of respiratory apparatus, precise analysis of investigation reports, and timely revision of the patient’s condition in the hospital database.
• Encourage habits to prevent infections.
• Closely monitor the patient to report any change in his/her clinical con dition.
• Educate the patient to practice correct breathing techniques and exercises to improve his/her breathing patterns.
• Remain in contact with patients and relatives and stay abreast of new developments in COPD to answer their queries.
• Discuss and educate the patient about the ill effects of smoking, both first-hand and second-hand on COPD. Ideally, it is the duty of a respiratory nurse to search for article in the news, research database, and scientific journal archive for material to encourage and convince a COPD patient to quit the art of smoking. The respiratory nurse in Singapore also makes appropriate referrals for this purpose.
Nursing Care Jobs for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in SingaporeNursing care for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in Singapore is a primary aspect of healthcare resources, mainly because this respiratory disease affects nearly 3.5% of the general Singaporean population today. COPD is also the 7th leading cause of death in Singapore. Hence, nursing care for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Singapore is a field that constantly requires trained and registered personnel to help patient outcomes. Thus, a registered nurse with additional certifications in respiratory health and critical care nursing is likely to have excellent career scope in Singapore.
Visit our web site at NicoleConsultancy.com to subscribe to our newsletter or contact us at 62215262 for Nursing Care for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in Singapore today!